Where to get support over Christmas
Care for the Carers will be closed between Christmas Eve from 4pm and Wednesday 2nd January at 9am. During this break there are national and local organisations you can call.
Christmas can be a very stressful or sad time of year for some. These organisations can help you with issues or emergencies you may face as a carer over the Christmas period:
- Health and Social Care Connect will have someone available on call over the Christmas period. Phone: 0345 60 80 191, 8am to 8pm 7 days a week including bank holidays. Outside of its normal office hours, the Emergency Duty Service will respond to serious Adult Social Care issues that cannot wait until the next working day. Between the hours of 8pm to 8am contact 0345 608 0191.
- Samaritans is available24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you need a response immediately, call its free number from any phone: 116 123.
- The Sussex Mental Healthline is available to0300 5000 101 is available Monday to Friday 5pm to 9am, and 24 hours at weekends and Bank Holidays in East Sussex and Brighton and Hove.
- National Domestic Abuse Helpline– if you need help or assistance, contact its 24-hour helpline 0808 2000 247.
- IMAGO is there for young carers under 18 in East Sussex. Its support line will be open 9am – 5pm over the Christmas period excluding Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
- If you’re a young carer or a young adult carer and need support outside of these times, do call Childline on 0800 1111.
In any emergency situations, call999 or visit your local hospital’sA&Edepartment.
Share this article:
Does your friend or relative live in a care home? Healthwatch together with Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (SPFT) and Care for the Carers will be hosting three monthly, online discussion...
This year, family and friend carers have been given the opportunity to ‘have their say’ at various carer engagement initiatives across Sussex. We are inviting unpaid, family and friend carers across...
Are you looking after someone who couldn’t manage without your help and live in Hastings? Are you registered at Churchwood Medical Practice, Hastings Old Town Surgery, Warrior Square Surgery or...