Heringtons, a leading firm of solicitors based on the Sussex coast, asked its staff to vote from a shortlist of local charities, and we are delighted that unpaid carers are the recipients of its generous support.
How Heringtons supports carers
Here are some of the carer activities and fundraising events Heringtons has already been involved with.
- Carer Awareness Training – Heringtons staff have attended courses run by Care for the Carers to learn more about unpaid carers in East Sussex, their rights, and the issues they face.
- Pop-up legal advice sessions – solicitors helped carers who dropped into our pop-up shop in Hailsham earlier this summer.
- Carers Week breakfasts– staff attended our fundraising breakfast, and ran their own fundraisers in regional offices.
- Bring your dog to work day – pooches were preened and promenaded through the offices, all in aid of unpaid carers.
- Birthday fundraisers – rather than receiving gifts for their birthdays, some very generous staff requested donations to Care for the Carers instead.
- Legal workshops – Heringtons has appeared at numerous community events to advise about legal issues that are of interest to carers.
- Donations – Heringtons has provided Care for the Carers with additional donations throughout the year, including via collection pots at reception areas at its offices in East Sussex.
We look forward to continuing this fantastic, positive partnership with Heringtons and on behalf of unpaid carers across East Sussex are so grateful for their support.
Share this page: