Your views explored
This year, family and friend carers have been given the opportunity to ‘have their say’ at various carer engagement initiatives across Sussex. We are inviting unpaid, family and friend carers across Sussex to a series of discussion workshops in January 2021.
Each workshop will explore the following three healthcare issues:
1. Carers and Coronavirus: Planning for Recovery
Tuesday 26th January 2021, 10.30AM – 11.30AM
2. Caring Doesn’t Come with A ‘How To’ Manual: Exploring Carers’ Experiences of Navigating Healthcare Systems
Wednesday 27th January 2021, 2:00PM – 3:00PM
3. The Invisible Army: Making Carers Visible
Wednesday 27th January 2021, 6:00PM – 7:00PM
Please register for one of the three workshops themes by clicking on your choice.
The workshops will be hosted using Zoom, an online conferencing service. Pre-registration is required, and spaces are limited for each geographical area (West Sussex Carers, East Sussex Carers, and Brighton and Hove Carers) and offered on a first come basis.
Participation in workshops is voluntary and carers who attend will have the opportunity to enter their name into a Prize Draw to win a £50 online e-gift card. Please read the Prize Draw Terms and Conditions before entering.
We hope to see you at a workshop, and if you are unable to attend, then why not take part in our short online survey covering the same topics.
• Care for the Carers (East Sussex) Carers Voice Conference in July 2020, with a reach of over 100 professionals and carers
• The Carers Centre for Brighton and Hove conducted a survey following the Carers Festival Week in June 2020. This survey explored the challenge of COVID-19 for carers
• Carers Support West Sussex working in partnership with WSCC Commissioning team to review their Charity Strategy and the Joint Commitment to Carers. This survey received over 1,000 responses from carers and stakeholders in September 2020.
Using the insight gained from Care for the Carers Carers Voices Conference in July 2020, The Carers Centre for Brighton and Hove’s 2020 survey and Carers Support West Sussex’s survey, these organisations have identified three main themes relating to carers and those they care for when accessing healthcare services.
Sussex Carers Partnership
(Carers Support West Sussex; Carer for the Carers (East Sussex); The Carers Centre for Brighton and Hove)
Share this page: