Free carer activities for carers in Hastings
Are you looking after someone who couldn’t manage without your help and live in Hastings? You could be looking after a family member, friend or neighbour who due to illness, disability, a mental health problem or an addiction could not cope without your support.
If so, we are inviting carers in Hastings to join our free activities. You will need to book as places are limited. If you would like more information, contact Hannah on the contact details here.
- Online Cookery session using Zoom with Community Chef, Robin Van Creveld. Ingredients and a recipe book are provided and will be delivered to participants. You will learn how to make a lightly spiced butternut squash soup with scrumptious cheese and onion scones. Each session includes demonstrations, cook-along activities and healthy eating advice.
Dates: Thursday 11th March 2021, 2pm-3.30pm and Thursday 25th March 2021, 2pm-3.30pm.
- Online Coastal Wellbeing Cruise Sessions using Zoom. There will be fun activities to help you unwind, break for tea and cake and time to talk.
Dates: Wednesday 3rd March 2021, and Wednesday 17th March 2021, 2pm-4pm.
- Online Bingo. Have some fun playing bingo with other carers.
Date: Friday 26th February 2021, 10am-12pm.
- Home manicure kit delivered to your door
- Grow your own indoor herb garden box delivered to your door
- Letter box spa products delivered to your door.
Care for the Carers, the Carers Centre for unpaid carers in East Sussex, is providing additional support for carers in Hastings by working closely with Churchwood Medical Practice, Hastings Old Town Surgery, Warrior Square and High Glades Medical Practices. This new initiative will help the practices to proactively identify and register carers quickly so that carers can be given the appropriate healthcare and support. Find out more about it here.
Care for the Carers provides support for all unpaid carers in Hastings and across East Sussex, including carers from BAME communities. Please get in touch with us if you need help or support. Find out more about the support we offer here and contact us here.
Share this page: