Carer Awareness Officer-Hospital
Carer Awareness Officer – Hospital
Up to 37 hours per week, part time hours will be considered
Salary: £27,344 per annum, based on 37 hours per week
Contract term: Permanent
Primary Location: Hastings, East Sussex
Closing date: Monday 30th January 2023 at 9am
This is an exciting new opportunity within the Carers Health Programme, working with the NHS in a hospital setting, to;
• raise awareness of carers and caring
• stimulate the development of carer-friendly practices
• empower secondary care staff to identify, refer and support unpaid carers
• lead the Carers Passport work stream by developing a Carers Passport model for East Sussex including liaising with established Carers Passport projects to ensure best practice, involving carers and partners in the development and implementing the Carers Passport at the Conquest Hospital
• design, plan, deliver and evaluate Carer Awareness (Think Carer) training to NHS colleagues working in the hospital setting
• promote early carer identification and increase reach to hidden carers through awareness activities including facilitating information stands
This is a great opportunity to take on a rewarding role, making a real difference to carers’ lives.
Please note we reserve the right to close this role prior to the stated closing date. Therefore, candidates are encouraged to apply early as applications will be considered as they are received. Interviews are expected to be held via Microsoft Teams. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, six-month probationary period and satisfactory references.