Without our fantastic team of volunteers, Care for the Carers wouldn't be able to reach as many carers as we do, or provide some of the invaluable services that we are able to offer carers throughout East Sussex. They are valued members of the team and we are grateful for all of their time and efforts.
As well as being a great way of supporting carers, volunteering is also a fantastic way of giving something back to the local community, meeting new people, making new friends, gaining new skills and having fun!
We welcome new volunteers from all backgrounds and situations, whether you can spare a couple of hours a month or regular hours each week, our Volunteer Coordinator would be happy to speak with you about the various opportunities available. If you are concerned about how volunteering may affect your benefits, please contact us and we can provide you with advice and information.
For all volunteering enquiries please complete the message box at the bottom of the contact page or call and arrange to speak with our Volunteer Coordinator. You can also download our Volunteer Leaflet to find out more.
- Give something back
- Use your time to help others
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Learn new skills and develop old ones
- Build confidence
- Ease yourself back into a working environment
- Gain valuable experience and skills to put on your CV
- Learn about charities and the voluntary sector
- Network with other carers and professionals
- Have fun and get involved!
As a volunteer you will also receive Induction Training, Skills Training, Support and Expenses.
How to get involved
- Befriending- for more information about becoming a Befriender please read our Befriending leaflet
- Help run a carers group for adults or young carers
- Hold a Fundraising Event to raise awareness and money
- Help us keep in touch with carers
- Support carers with form filling and paperwork
- Assist with events
- Help us access grants for carers
- Become a Community Carers Champion
If you would like to get involved in any of the ways above or would just like to have a chat to find out more, please contact our office either by phone, email or using the message box at the bottom of the contact page and we will get back to you as soon as we can.