Making a Referral
If you are a professional from a voluntary or statutory organisation and would like to refer a carer to us, please complete a referral form, for:
Over 18's (Adult Carers)
Please complete our online referral form
Under 18's (Young Carers)
Please complete a Young Carers Referral Form
For more information about making referrals to Young Carers go to their page
Please note that ALL referrals must be made with the consent of the carer.
Why you should refer carers to our service
- We are able to provide a service to all unpaid carers regardless of their need.
- This enables us to intervene at an early stage to prevent a breakdown in the carer’s health and welfare.
- Where the assessed need is deemed regular and substantial, East Sussex County Council has a statutory obligation to provide a range of support services.
- We welcome the opportunity to work jointly with our partners in the statutory and voluntary sector. We can help carers access a Carers Assessment
- We support and promote the identification of new and hard to reach carers.
- We are able to provide a range of services tailored to the individual needs presented by carers.
Other ways that we work with professionals
Carer Awareness Training
It is important that professionals who work with carers understand what the caring role involves and what services are available to them. Our team offer Carer Awareness Training to groups of professionals to refresh their knowledge and inform of new services that may be on offer. We can come out to team meetings to ensure that we reach as many people as possible.
If you would like one of our Support Workers to attend a meeting please contact our Partnerships Manager on 01323 738390 to discuss your needs.
We aim to attend as many events throughout the year as possible as a way of raising awareness of carers and of the services that we and other partner organisations offer. We are happy to attend other organisations information events and to work together with other professionals to provide an holistic range of information on services that are on offer.
To see what events we are attending over the upcoming months, please see our Events Calendar. Or if you would like us to attend an event you are holding please contact the Information Coordinator on 01323 738390.
For more information about how we work with partner organisations please see our Partnerships Page