What We Do
Care for the Carers is an independent charity which supports unpaid carers in East Sussex who look after a relative, friend or neighbour who is frail, disabled, and/or has a long term illness.
We are the Carers’ Centre for East Sussex and a network partner of Carers Trust. Carers Trust is a new charity formed by the merger of The Princess Royal Trust for Carers and Crossroads Care read more >
As the Carers Centre for East Sussex, we aim to support and empower carers throughout the county by offering information, practical and emotional advice, groups, activities, events and a range of services that are specifically tailored to the needs of East Sussex carers and only carers.
If you think you may be a carer, see what we can do for you here
Working with Partners
We also work closely with other organisations in East Sussex who work with carers. We have built a good relationship with Partners in the Statutory and Voluntary sectors and are actively involved in the planning, delivery and monitoring of carers’ services to ensure that their specific needs are met and that carers’ voices are heard.
For more information about how we work with partners please click on the link How we work with Partner Organisations
Our organisational Vision and Aims:
“To improve the quality of carers’ lives by helping the local community recognise and value the role of carers, and by enabling carers to access the services and support they require.”
- To empower carers to be involved in decisions and making choices that affect their lives.
- To ensure that carers are recognised and valued.
- To inform carers of their rights and help them to access the services and support to which they are entitled.
- To enable carers to acquire skills, knowledge and understanding of their role as a carer.
- To enable carers to access a good quality of life within and outside caring (to include health and well-being, leisure, education and employment).
Find out more about our Vision and Values here